Effective August 2013 – Last updated May 31, 2016
FTC DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Though this website is not and was never intended to be a money making operation by and of itself; all writers, owners, editors and administrators of SteveStauning.com (“SS Staff” or “we”) intend to be compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (hereafter “FTC”) rules covering sponsored/affiliate endorsements in blogs and online articles. Therefore, it is important the SS Staff detail all instances where we have or have not, or will or will not, receive compensation. First, let’s disclose where the SS Staff has not and will not receive compensation:
- SS Staff might be asked to pen favorable posts about products or websites that we know nothing about and have no affiliation. We will reject these requests.
- SS Staff might be asked to post the works of others recommending a particular product or website in exchange for compensation. While we do allow original guest posts (when these posts are free of recommendations, well-written, relevant and are unduplicated elsewhere on the Web), we will reject requests to post guest endorsements.
- SS Staff might receive unsolicited copies of books from new authors who wish for us to review their work on this blog. We will read (or start to read) all books received. If we feel a book adds value to the world of leadership development or other related topics, we will include a review on this site. Except in the cases listed below, we receive no compensation from the authors (with the exception of the original unsolicited copy of the book).
The SS Staff has received (through this blog or other related works), and will continue to receive, compensation under the following circumstances:
- Amazon Affiliate Program – The SS staff is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. the SS Staff receives a commission when you follow virtually any link from this website (including any pop-ups or pop-unders generated from actions taken on this website) to a product or other page on Amazon.com and make a purchase. This may include hyperlinks in articles or any Amazon ads located in the margins of the website or included in the articles themselves. The commissions paid generally run between 4% and 15%, and as far as the SS Staff knows, this commission does not change the price Amazon.com charges for these products.
- Google Adsense Program – The SS Staff receives a generally tiny commission when site visitors click through virtually any of the advertising elements marked “Ads by Google” (or other similar markings) on this website as part of the Google Adsense Program. The SS Staff does not control which ads show to users and does not endorse any of the advertisers unless stated otherwise.
- Other Affiliate Programs – As of this writing, the SS Staff does not receive compensation from sources other than those described above; though the reader should assume (unless otherwise stated) that any hyperlink placed on this website creates an affiliate or other compensated relationship between the SS Staff and the target website.
- Future Endorsements – In the event the SS Staff is compensated for an article or post other than by the means disclosed above, we will include a clear, specific disclosure in the article or post.
If you have any questions about whether the SS Staff has or will receive compensation for any specific endorsement or recommendation, please contact us for clarification.
Steve reserve the right to deny access to this website, or any service provided via this website, to anyone who violates this visitor agreement or who, in Steve’s judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy this website, or infringes on the rights of others.
Steve welcomes your comments and questions about this website, his products and his services. Please use his contact page to submit any questions or comments.
To view the contact page, please click HERE.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All content that appears on this or other websites operated or owned by Steve is the property of Steve and/or his affiliates. Nothing may be reproduced, republished, retransmitted or redistributed without the prior written consent of Steve Stauning. Content includes, but is not limited to pictures, text, slogans, trademarks, and code. Nothing in this visitor agreement is intended to block you from linking directly to this content from your website, provided nothing on this site is obscured by the link and that you comply with the terms found under the LINKS heading below. Framing any portion of this website is not permitted.
STEVE’S LIMITED LICENSE TO YOU
Although Steve makes this website freely accessible, Steve did not intend to give up any rights or title to the content appearing on the site. The content available through this website and through all websites owned or operated by Steve is the property of Steve and/or his affiliates or licensors, and is protected by copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property laws. You are free to display and print for your own personal, non-commercial use information you receive through this website, but you may not otherwise reproduce any of the materials without the prior written consent of Steve. You may not distribute copies of materials found on this website in any form (including by email or other electronic means) without the prior written permission of Steve. You may encourage others to access the information on this website via hypertext links to Steve’s pages.
Steve welcomes links to his website and you are free to establish a hypertext link to this site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by Steve.
You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on this website without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark.
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you are an owner of intellectual property who believes your intellectual property has been improperly posted or distributed via our website, please notify Steve via his contact information that can be located HERE.
Please read these Disclaimers carefully before using this website:
Use at Your Own Risk. Steve provides the content available through this website for informational purposes only. You may only use the material and the services available through this website for your personal and non-commercial use. Steve strives to ensure that any information on this site is both timely and accurate, and that the services offered are reliable. Despite his best efforts, errors may occur from time to time. IF YOU ACCESS THE SITE OR RELY ON ANY MATERIAL OR ADVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” STEVE, HIS AGENTS AND ITS LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION, ADVICE, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. STEVE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT IT WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL STEVE, HIS AFFILIATES, HIS AGENTS OR HIS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES OFFERED HEREIN. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF HE IS ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF STEVE, HIS AGENTS, AND HIS LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE WEBSITES AND/OR THE SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED $100.00 (ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS).
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF STEVE, HIS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
This Policy and Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Idaho. Exclusive jurisdiction over and venue of any suit relating to this Policy and Agreement shall be in the state and federal courts of Kootenai County, ID in all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement or this website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Steve and any third party information providers for the Services from and against all liabilities, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from: (1) any violation of this Policy and Agreement by you; (2) your violation of any rights of a third party; (3) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; (4) information or Content that you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Services, or (5) your use of or reliance in the advice or Services.
If any provision of this Policy and Agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the terms and conditions of this Policy and Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
To obtain access to certain services on our site, you may be required to register with Steve. You agree that you will register only if you are 18 years or older. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be accurate and complete and that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the service under the name of, another person.
The information we gather will fall into two distinct categories: (1) personal or business information (for example, your name and address) that you voluntarily supply when you contact Steve and request more information, and (2) information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as visitors, like you, navigate through this site.
He may also choose to use certain tools and other technologies to recognize which pages users visit, and which links they click. His web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer configuration when you visit the site, including the type of browser software you use, the operating system you’re running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the website that referred you, and your IP address. He may also use IP address information for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. He use this information to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor the site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within the site.
Steve may share the information that he collects from you with any affiliate or subsidiary so that he and they can provide you with products and services provided by these entities that we believe may be of interest to you.
Statistical Information. Much of the information he collects is in the form of aggregated statistics, such as the traffic that visits various pages within the site, and the habits and preferences of the audience. Such aggregated information does not include any information that would identify you personally. Steve may use such aggregated information and disclose it to third parties as he sees fit.